Black Lives Matter. PERIOD.

By: Dustin Schweitzer If you guessed hothouse cucumber and green bell pepper you would make a great sous chef but this edition of Beyond the Beams cuts way deeper than that. As some of you may know, cooking is my therapy, it always has been for the better part of the last ten years. The […]

Braidz of Love

By: Dominique Duncan The unimaginable history of this country and our ability to survive, is one of the many reasons that makes me proud to be a black woman. The Black Lives Matter “movement” has always existed, although it has called itself different names throughout history. This is why I’m being featured here. This call to […]

Limitless Potential

By: Nelson Harrison To be a black man in America is truly a gift and I am extremely proud of the opportunity to represent that in a way that is both inspiring and motivating to those around me. I never viewed myself as biracial until the 9th grade. I was very fortunate to graduate from a […]

A Dream With Six Gears

By: Porsche Taylor I am a proud black woman; it is in my DNA. My mother, Willette Dillard, instilled in me a great work ethic and the courage to try everything at least once. There is no other way to exist other than to fully embrace the richness of my black heritage. I also love […]